[bluetooth] Comments on RF interface

Hi
I'm working on a RF front end from Silicide. We have chosen to implement
a low
pin count serial interface only. The front end is controlled by register
parameter
values and front end state.
Basically the device has a control mode for setting up the Tx/Rx chain
parameter values
and is put in either Tx or Rx mode.
All we need on the baseband controller side is a SPI capable of writing
16 bits to one of 63
addresses within 2-3 usec. In Tx/Rx mode the data bits is driven at the
data rate on the
same interface. This feature calls for some extra circuit on the
baseband SPI side but
should be basic stuff.
As I see the current RF interface suggestion I guess a interface wrapper
to our front end
can be done if the SPI write data rate of 16 bits in 2-3 uSec. will
hold.
The 7 bit hop frequency signal will be rather front end dependend and
needs a table look
up / translation to fit from one RF chip frequency plan to another.

Considering the rest of the baseband implementation i will suggest to
open a HW/SW split
argumentation to get a good starting point for the project.

Regards
Jørgen Kragh Jakobsen
Asic Designer, Silicide Microelectronics