Re: [bluetooth] RF (our interface)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jamil Khatib" <jamilkhatib75@yahoo.com>
To: <bluetooth@opencores.org>
Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2001 1:44 AM
Subject: Re: [bluetooth] RF (our interface)

> --- Ling Su <lingsu@palmmicro.com> wrote:
> > > As a result of previouse discussion, we can define
> > our
> > > simple RF interface that can be mapped to any
> > exteranl
> > > RF interfaces (SPI, JTAG or any other interface)
> > >
> > > here are some pins that I recall to be added
> > > . Tx Enable
> > > . Rx Enable
> > > . Tx Data bit
> > > . Rx Data Bit
> > > . Hop bus
> > > . RF Register address
> > > . RF Regsiter data in
> > > . RF Register Data out
> > > . BT state bus ??? this to define sommunication
> > > between RF and baseband state machines such as
> > power
> > > mode
> > [Ling] The hop bus should be mergerd with Register
> > bus, since it is just an
> > register to be set.
> OK but should baseband control all RF registers? I
> think there are some that can be controllered or at
> least read from higher layers such as status
> registers.

[Ling] Yeah, there are lots of registers, which might be useful for upper
layer, but usually not. The RF register provide most of the information for
tweaking RF performance. Philsar(Connexant)'s RF has 60 registers, Ericsson
has around 20, as far as I know, most of them is unrelevant to upper layer
unless upper layer want to show something for debugging or showing status
purpose.

> Some other like clk should be
> > taken into account, RF
> > chip usually proivde accurate close for data
> > sampling and transmission,
> > usually (13MHz and 1MHz both).
> >
> Also there is low power clock but should we be the
> source of these clocks. may be we can leave such
> clocks variables and supplied from external
> oscillators and provide the internal logic for them??

[Ling] Right, low power clock(32kHz) also provided for standby purpose. We
need take it into account.

Regards,
-Ling