Re: [Mu] Another silly virus?

From: Jeroen Nieuwenbroek (puch@zeelandnet.nl)
Date: Tue Sep 02 2003 - 20:12:41 CEST

    It IS the blaster worm...

    When you get this message after 48 seconds your machine will shutdown.

    type at start / run "shutdown /a" this gives you time to fix the problem
    before your machine shutsdown.

    First remove the task from memory with CTRL ALT DEL an look for SVCHOST.EXE
    wich uses the most memory (28.000 kb in my case) and end the process.

    remove c:\windows\system32\blast32.exe or use the removal tool.

    After that, download the Microsoft security patch , do this else you still
    have a hole in your security..and the worm strikes your machine again.

    Good luck.

    Jurp Nieuwenbroek