Re: [Mu] Kernel 2.4.0

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Mon Aug 25 2003 - 10:32:37 CEST

    On Sun, Aug 10, 2003 at 12:30:12PM +0200, Karl-Heinz Zimmer nicely wrote:

    > ATT: Michele, I hope your holiday was great,
    > please read this thread on the mailing list. :)

    Hello to everybody. I'm back again. But the mind still works slowly.

    > [Rudolf asking for a newer kernel for his HD-cloned muLinux]

    For that, I suggest to explore the LEPTON system, from the same site.
    It is 2.4 and with a enlarged set of commands. This is matter of
    carefully replacement of binaries and modules, no art.

    > In any case: getting a newer (bigger) kernel on the muLinux base
    > floppy surely is a very difficult task, but also a very interestring
    > one!

    A such task requires to move out a lot of material from the floppy,
    obtaining probabily a system that do not boot on old machine with
    small RAM.
    I have no time and/or energy to dedicate.

    Michele

    --
    Living on Earth may be expensive, but it includes an annual free trip
    around the Sun.				[Anonymous]