Re: [Mu] jdbgmgr.exe -- really a virus?

From: Jeroen Sangers (jeroen@jeroensangers.com)
Date: Wed Apr 30 2003 - 16:44:39 CEST

    Michele Andreoli wrote:
    > Hello friends,
    >
    > I received a mail that suggest to remove immediately this
    > .exe from the system, because it is a virus and it will erase
    > the disk in the near future.
    >
    > You opinion, please?
    > What's the virus? the .exe or the mail?
    >
    > Michele

    The mail is certainly the virus! The exe is installed on every Windows
    system, if I remember well it is part if the Java debugger, or something
    like that. Most people won't use this file, so normally your system
    won't break by deleting it.
    Anyway, the .exe id definately no virus. Any virus library could tell
    you the same.

    --
    Jeroen Sangers
    http://www.jeroensangers.com