Re: roclone

From: Dave Houghton (mulinux@blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: Mon Dec 02 2002 - 18:15:42 CET

02/12/2002 17:34:11, matthewsmulinux@freenet.de wrote:

>i tried it with several destination devices
>
>can everybuddy help me by the questions ??

Yes

>on the configurationsteps:
>1. why does mkdosfs return >>permission denied <<?

By default cdrecord uses a SCSII cd/rw drive and I'm guessing you have an ide drive.
To use ide cd r/w you need scsii emulation compiled into the kernel which is not supported in Mulinux.

>2. where can i download cdrecord

/usr/wks/bin/cdrecord if you install the WKS addon

>on make.boot:
>everytime he said that there is no valid dossystem on device 07:00
>
>and in make.boot i found that the /mnt dir should be defined - but whitch destinatinaion ???
>
>you see I m confused

roclone just wont work in standard Mulinux if you dont have a scsii drive...Sorry

>and
>- sorry for my english

Fractured English is a speciality of this list :-))

Dave H