Re: problems with the MAKER utility

From: Cristian Veronesi (c.veronesi@crpa.it)
Date: Mon Dec 02 2002 - 10:29:15 CET

Michele Andreoli wrote:

> If you try, from DOS, "type makefi.bat" you can understand that thing,
> enterely.
>
> maker.bat (make root) try to superformat 1722k the disk from the DOS/WIN
> machine. An impossible task. Only some users reported success.
>
> makefi.at (make floppy installer) create a standard 1440k floppy disk.
> It's scope is to superformat from Linux.
>
> What OS are you running?

Thank you for you answer. My OS is MSDOS 5.0.
Actually I succeded to superformat 1722k the disk on a colleague machine
here at work. Then, back home, I succesfully run the mulinux
installation process, but when I choose "UMSDOS installation", after a
while I get something like "BOOT not found" (sorry about being so vague
- I wrote down everything but I left my notes at home :(
Can you help?

Kind regards, Cristian

--
Cristian Veronesi - C.R.P.A. S.p.A. - Reggio Emilia, Italy
The goal of Computer Science is to build something that will last at