Re: [mu TECH] From UMSDOS to ext2

From: Werner Flügel (wfluegel@fh-lausitz.de)
Date: Fri Nov 22 2002 - 09:59:34 CET

Michele Andreoli schrieb:

> On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 01:32:05PM +0100, Werner Flügel nicely wrote:
readonly-mounted root-filesystem. But why is it
> > ro-mounted? According to the fstab it should be mounted rw!?
> > The FAQ and google didn't help.
> > Whats wrong?
> >

> You must add the "rw" switch in your syslinux.cfg, at the end
> of the "APPEND" directive:
>
> APPEND ...... rw

Thank you, I will try it this evening :-)

> As alternative, do not copy manually. Runs "clone", instead.
> You can clone from UMSDOS to EXT2.

I didn't know that, I thought, "clone" is for cloning from
floppy/ramdisk to
UMSDOS-harddisk only.

greetings

Werner

--
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train
stops. On my desk, I have a work station...