RE: Windows XP question / fragile registry

From: Vesa-Pekka Palmu (depili@sci.fi)
Date: Mon Oct 28 2002 - 16:42:15 CET

> in former days I could 'repair' a defektive window installation by just
> looking into
> the *.ini files with a MS-DOS editor.

I'm also "old fassioned" on this matter and think that invidual config
files are better than a centarized db, as it makes it easier for the
user to edit the configuration data, as usualy all options etc are listed
within the config files, altought we cold use described keys, but even
if we know what a key controls, where will we find out what values
does it accept?