Re: Windows XP question (newbie)

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Thu Oct 24 2002 - 18:20:45 CEST

On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 03:30:53PM +0200, Jeroen Nieuwenbroek wrote:

> you have to open the registry with "regedit" (start it with start/run )
> browse to
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\
>
> you can add here your own startup programs..
> i think you already have some examples..

Worked, thank you!

Of course, a such resource DB should be wonderfull to have also in Linux.
I'm saying an eresy, I know that.
What we have in muLinux (under /setup), or in RedHat/Mandrake (under /etc/sysconfig),
is a caotic version of that DB.

In Mandrake, for example, there is a lot of Configuration Tools that
uses to interfer with user's changes in /etc and in /etc/sysconfig, etc.

A true caos, let me say!

The same happens sometimes with MU.
I go in /etc/sysconfig and change something. After that, If I use some
Mandrake conf-tools, all values gets disaligned.

A true caos, let me say ...

Becoming Linux always more complex, I think a centralized DB for
resources is necessary.

Michele

--
"Physics is like sex: it may give some practical
results, but that's not why we do it"  (Richard Feynman)