Re: Huge Tits (NOT)

From: Dirk Heilemann (dirk.heilemann@telindus.de)
Date: Mon Sep 30 2002 - 09:06:50 CEST

I agree - in the last months there were more spam mails, virus mails and
virus autoresponding than real traffic. This is definitly annoying.

But it is not simple to get rid of this stuff. sunsite.dk is offering the
mailing list service for free so don't kick them for not implementing
advanced features.

BTW We had a discussion with them ("[Req #1045] Virus on the muLinux mailing
list") where we agreed to disallow any attachments and filter spam. I don't
know what happend since then...

Maybe somebody out there has his own mailserver. It should be possible to
implement a spam- and attachment filtersystem based on sendmail and perl (if
there isn't one allready). Only if the mail is clean it will be relayed to
sunsite.dk.

[I written a shell application for sendmail years ago, its not that hard.
Just put myapp: "|/usr/bin/myapp.sh" in the file /etc/aliases and let your
brain work.]

There are some actions to be taken where the owner of this list (I guess
Michele) has to agree:
- mulinux@sunsite.dk will redirect all mails to the filter server.
- the filter server sends mail to a different sunsite account eg
mulinux2@sunsite.dk, where only the f. server can post stuff.

What do you folks think?

Dirk.

29th Telindus International Symposium
Thursday, October 24, 2002
Brussel Expo, Brussels, Belgium

Meet over 2.000 business & ICT professionals for an in-depth networking
update at Telindus' 29th International Symposium.

Check out the programme, partners, workshops and register now for free:
http://www.telindussymposium.com
<<<