Re: eccoci

From: Stephen Isard (S.IsardDeleteThis@ed.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Sep 26 2002 - 13:02:36 CEST

nathanvi wrote:

> I tried to configure XSVGA with setup -f xf86
> When i press "startx", serverX try to start but it refuse the calling!
> Is the problem that i do not know my monitor characteristic?

Could be. From your startx.log, it seems that your XF86Config file
doesn't contain a suitable mode line for your display. Maybe you didn't
give the right answers when you did setup -f xf86. I noticed in the log
that you have specified 24 bits/pixel in your XF86Config. That may be
part of your problem. Try 16

You might try Michele's xprobe script to arrive at a mode line that
works for you..

Stephen Isard