Re: Log in to another device through S0

From: Stephen Isard (S.IsardDeleteThis@ed.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Aug 14 2002 - 12:19:23 CEST

Dirk Heilemann wrote:

> But I need it the other way around: coming from the LAN with telnet I like
> to see whats happening on my small PBX via nullmodem cable connected to a
> running mulinux.

Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought your other device was a vt100
terminal, and since you can't log in on one of those, I thought you must
be trying to log in *from* it.

Try 'miterm -s 9600 -l /dev/ttyS0'. I don't know where to find a
miterm manual page, but steps 1&2 of the instructions at
http://www.geocities.com/rlcomp_1999/serialinstall.html seem to apply to
your case, and that's what they use. The mulinux faq lists the
arguments available for miterm at
http://sunsite.dk/mulinux/mu/faq/faq-5.html#ss5.8, but ducks the
question about whether there is a man page. There is a minicom command
in /usr/bin, but as far as I can see, it just calls miterm.

Stephen Isard