Re: Possible to boot&run Mulinux within 1MB Ram?

From: Uwe Kuehn (ewuk@lycos.de)
Date: Wed Jul 17 2002 - 06:04:07 CEST

Dear Mulinuxers,
Thank you very much for your input.

I got the mitac up and tunning with a 2 floppy distro (from Paul
Dunne) in 2 partitions of 16MB and 4MB swap with kernel 1.0.9,
booting from harddrive and even "joe" is working.
Only drawback: kernel does not support slip,ppp and what ever I
need for mail.

I even found linux-lite patched up kenel sources that would allow ELF
format programmes to run - but trying to compile that on my (almost)
uptodate Peanutlinux9.2 failed.

So I would like to rephrase my question.
Would I be able to compile the patched 1.0.9 kernel with the
GCC addon of mulinux11r10 release that i still got?

Regards

Uwe