Re: load add-on from net

From: no one (neverbefound@subdimension.com)
Date: Wed Jul 03 2002 - 22:06:03 CEST

On Wed, 03 Jul 2002 19:36:26 +0200
"Gerrit Lammert" <lammert@gmx.de> pleasently wrote:

> Yes, I could create an additional ramdisk, download the file there,
> untargzip it and then install from that partition/ramdisk. But it would
> be great, if that task was integrated into the load-addon-script of mu.

Done quickly from memory, so sorry for any stupid errors...
put it in a text file & call it 'netaddon' or something suitable & 'chmod
a+x' it...

--SNIP--
#!/bin/sh
# Takes one argument, URL of addon to load

wget $1 /tmp/addon.tgz
mu -i /tmp/addon.tgz
rm /tmp/addon.tgz
--SNIP--

All you need is ~1.7meg free under /tmp; which should be fine - /tmp
starts as a 4 meg ramdisk

--
Courdoroy pillows- They're making headlines!