MU TECH: mu under Debian?

From: Alfie Costa (agcosta@gis.net)
Date: Tue Jul 02 2002 - 00:08:32 CEST

"Help wanted." Using a dual boot system with Debian, Win95, and muLinux; and
I want to run (or simulate) mu in an xterm window under Debian. The goal is to
tweak mu's Midnight Commander, (get the 'find' command working maybe), using
various Debian tools.

Story so far:

1) From Debian, mount the mu drive...
        # mount -t umsdos /dev/hda1 /mnt/c

2) In an xterm, do a chroot...
        # chroot /mnt/c/linux

Now that works, so I can run a few mu utils, like 'pion' and 'help'. However,
when I run 'mc' it starts 'pion', even though 'mc' is indeed present. It seems
like mu's paths and things aren't set up correctly. How do I tell mu to run
its startup script?