[mu SETUP] VFS : Insert root floppy and press ENTER ?

From: Francis Girard (francis_rollet_girard@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Jun 07 2002 - 09:54:43 CEST

Hello,

I'm trying to install muLinux on an old IBM Thinkpad 340 laptop, with only
4Mb of RAM.

I downloaded the latest version (13R2) and I did my boot floppy by running
./mu -i and
chose the lm (lowmem) option (using a Mandrake 8.2 to do this).

The floppy will boot my main computer without problem. But on my laptop,
after the partition
check, I got the message :

VFS : Insert root floppy and press ENTER

Mmmh! I tought that the root file system was on the floppy. I therefore
pressed
ENTER without changing floppy and I got the message :

VFS : Cannot open root device 02:1c
Kernel panic : VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 02:1c

I then tought that it was a RAM problem. Looking in FAQ, I tried at the boot
prompt
the following :

boot: mulinux f1722 load_ramdisk=1 prompt_ramdisk=0
                ramdisk_size=3000
                ramdisk_start=597

but it didn't change anything.

Have an idea of what can go wrong ?