AW: mu[ot]

From: Kautzmann Gerd (gkautzmann@baumerident.com)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 13:50:55 CEST

cause when you change one pixel in vga16 the prozessor
has to calculate the adress gets the byte from the graka
( reading from graka is slow ) fiddles out if high or
low byte has to be changed ( shifting bits is slow )
and write it back.

If the vga16 driver is a very simple one, that allways
uses a funktion like 'write pixel' to make his grafik
operations, without a copy in a fast ram, this driver
will be the slowest possible screen mode ever.

Thats why I like chunky screen modes. One byte per
pixel is usually faster than two pixels per byte.
( except some exotic grafik operations )

cu Gerd