LOOP+EXT2...+VFAT

From: Manuel Garcia Rodriguez (manueluniversidad@yahoo.es)
Date: Mon Mar 25 2002 - 18:08:12 CET

Hello.

Once the system (12r2) clones and boots in a LOOP+EXT2
fashion, there's no way to mount the original FAT
partition where loop-filesystem resides:
# mount /dev/hda1 /c -t vfat
# error: too many fs mounted or /c busy

But it works fine with:
# mount -o loop /dev/hda1 /c -t vfat

Now I can share same pagefile that Windows (out of
local ext2), but not in the normal way (setup -f swap)
because the partition doesn´t mount automatically at
startup, although it is in /etc/fstab, but doing:
# setup -f local
and adding
# mount -o loop /dev/hda1 /c -t vfat
# swapon /c/win386.swp
works well.

Because I've installed the JDK 1.2.2 for Windows,
maybe I could share more than 100 MB of /docs and
/libs, installing only JRE 1.2.2 binaries for Mulinux:
- JVM2 addon??? (please!!!)

This works too:
# mount -o loop /dev/hda1 /c -t vfat
# mount -o loop /dev/hda1 /c2 -t vfat
Is this a bug, a feature, both, none?

Pion-Quark don't support file names with spaces:
"/c/Program Files" shows like (empty) "/c/Program":
- Quotes could solve it?
I like too much this manager.

Btw, mulinux recognices Win95-FAT32 filesystem.

Bye.