Antwort: Problem with the Sunsite server

From: peter.sieg.ps@hr-gmbh.de
Date: Tue Mar 12 2002 - 08:56:54 CET

Hi mulinux friends,

just want to let you know, that I have some apps available for mulinux. I just
can not upload it to my web site
(www.petersieg.de), because they allow only file sizes <256k :-(#
The packages are:

* Sun JDK 1.0.2 with some example java apps.. Size: app 2m
splitted into 1.4m+500k
* Free Pascal Compiler V 0.99.5 also with some examples.. Size: app 650k
* ...

If someone is interested or has some web space to offer, I can send the packages
as mail attachments.
I also have GCC 2.7.0 with X11 support and libsx. This should be the full blown
GCC compiler+needed utils.
But the GCC needs nearly 4x1.4m (four splitted images each the size of a 1.44m
floppy disk).

Regards,
Peter Sieg

           ---------------------------+--------------------------------------------------------------------|
          | Michele Andreoli| |
          | <m.andreoli@tin.| |
          | it> | An: mulinux@sunsite.auc.dk |
          | | Kopie: |
          | 11.03.02 21:08 | Thema: Problem with the Sunsite server |
          | Bitte antworten | |
          | an mulinux | |
          | | |
          | | |
          | | |
          | | |
          | | |
          | | |
           ---------------------------+--------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi friends!

I just made an attempt to upload something on Sunsite.auc.dk, with
no success :-(
Something is changed on the site: the net effect is that I always
get connected as anonymous login. When I send the command "user mulinux",
the FTP server alway respond "anonymous already logged", or something
like.

Anyway, I just realized an new addon: JVM, Java virtual machine, based
on an old version of Kaffe: v0.8.3, working with libc5.
So, using only two floppy disks, you can compile and run java programs and,
of course, to preview applets (with a 3th floppy: X11).

I originally did that for my use, but It can be useful for some
other people.

I must now to contact some guy in Denmark: this always put me in
anxious state.

Michele

--
I keep trying to locate a meeting of Quantum Physicists. But everytime
they set a meeting time, the location changes. And vice versa -- Anonymous