Re: Get conneget / getting connected

From: Alfie Costa (agcosta@gis.net)
Date: Wed Feb 13 2002 - 06:33:26 CET

On 12 Feb 2002, at 8:17, net04043 wrote:

AC>Have you modified 'resolv.conf' by hand?

> I did it with vi

The usual method of setting up ISP dial-in is to try mu's rustic setup scripts
first, then work from there. Did you run 'setup' or 'wizard'?

> I get the connection but after a few second the connection hang down.What is
> the problem about,knowing that with dos and REDHAT6.1 works fine

Dos and RH work, so the hardware is good.

Some modems are easy to configure, some aren't. What sort of modem is it?
That is, internal/external, ISA/PCI, PNP/jumpered, etc.