mu SETUP - screen gets corrupted halfway through boot procedure

From: Ben Brown (ben.brown@motion-media.com)
Date: Thu Jan 31 2002 - 17:17:08 CET

Hi All,

I have prepared a mulinux boot disk on a Pentium based Dell laptop which
works fine and also works fine on a Pentium based dell desktop machine.

However when I try it on a 486 based single board computer the screen goes
all blocky and unreadable half way through the boot process - just after
'RAMDISK : Compressed image found at block 563

The SBC boots up fine under DOS no problems.

I think it is due to the graphics chip being different ? it is an SGS
Thompson STPC and the SBC is a PCM-3346/N by Advantec.

http://www.advantech.com/products/PCM-3346.asp

any help would be much appreatiated.

Ben.

Ben Brown - Project Manager