Re: mulinux mail server

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Mon Jan 21 2002 - 15:21:13 CET

On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 08:26:01AM +0300, HeNrY nicely wrote:

> I still desire to use mulinux as a mail server
> if I installed it in a UMSDOS confiduration ( lots of space to play with)
> what binary might you recommend I download to configure a workig MTA

The good MTA is already there: the smail transport agent. You have to
configure it properly, as far the SMARTHOST is concerned, but it works
perfectly.
It accept connections from outside, and queue emails correctly.

Important elements are: DNS and SMARHOST. Try it. Read in /etc/smail.

Michele

--
I keep trying to locate a meeting of Quantum Physicists. But everytime
they set a meeting time, the location changes. And vice versa -- Anonymous