Re: [off-topics] Video Editing under Linux

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Sun Jan 13 2002 - 10:39:27 CET

On Sat, Jan 12, 2002 at 12:22:59PM +0800, smiths.dk nicely wrote:
> Michele,
> What software do you use under Linux for video editing?
> What distro with the 2.4.9 kernel?
> thanks

The kernel subsystem for the ieee1394 under 2.4.9 doesn't work well,
so I download and compiled the last version from sourceforge.
I insert the modules: ieee1394.o,ohci1394.o,raw1394.o.

I capture avi from the video-camera with "dvgrab" (a sort of
standard, in linux) and convert in MPEG using the mpegtools: lav2yuv
and mpeg2enc.
I currently are using RH 7.2: there are no possibility to compile
sourceforge stuff in your computer if you do not use a state-of-arte
distribution. They always use the last libs, the last feature.

About video-editing itself, none of free packages are really in
useable stage.

Michele

--
I keep trying to locate a meeting of Quantum Physicists. But everytime
they set a meeting time, the location changes. And vice versa -- Anonymous