RE: [non-mu] Samba problems

From: Vesa-Pekka Palmu (vessu@dlc.fi)
Date: Sun Dec 16 2001 - 20:02:37 CET

> Did you go into make users for the samba share on the laptop
> you have to edit /etc/passwd and /etc/samba/smbpasswd.
> To add to the /etc/samba/smbpasswd file
> just type
> #smbpasswd -a "username"

Did that, didnät help :( I have also made a share with automatic
quest access, so it should be usable by anyone, but can't even
acces that one :(

> maybe go into /etc/samba/smb.conf
> and change the workgroup

Workgroup is the same as the desktop computers, subnet maks
etc are also fine, I can ping the laptop using it's netbios name.

"We are the Windows. Your life as you knew it is over. Your biological and
technological identities will be removed from our own. stability is irrelevant.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated."

Vesa-Pekka Palmu AKA Depili
E-mail: depili@sci.fi
ICQ#: 12379430