Re: Installing the Netscape addons

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Sun Nov 18 2001 - 09:49:31 CET

On Sat, Nov 17, 2001 at 10:39:47PM +0000, Cenobyte nicely wrote:
> I tried to do this using after reading the ADDONS help...well actually I just
> tried to use tar -x on the files to see if they would extract.
> I have an older version of mulinux (not the current one) and would like to
> install the netscape portion without re-installing the whole system.
> Is this possible?
> If so, what do I need to do?

I suppose you are in UMSDOS/EXT2, or will not works.

# cd /
# cat /path/to/NS1.tgz | bzip2 -ds | tar -xvf-
# cat /path/to/NS2.tgz | bzip2 -ds | tar -xvf-

After that you have netscape in /usr/ns.
Add /usr/ns/bin in /etc/path.conf and /usr/ns/lib in /etc/ld.so.conf (at
the top).

Now, if you run "netscape", the complete binary get rebuilt.

Michele

--
I keep trying to locate a meeting of Quantum Physicists. But everytime
they set a meeting time, the location changes. And vice versa -- Anonymous