Re: Some newbie existential doubts...

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Fri Nov 16 2001 - 09:06:02 CET

On Thu, Nov 15, 2001 at 02:46:30PM -0800, J. Jentink nicely wrote:

> The bad news is that while plip is available for
> Linux, Minix and DOS... a Windows version has never
> been developed. From the plip linux mini-howto:

As further suggestion for the user and as last resort: in the
past I successful connected Win98 e muLinux using simply the phone
cable and two modems. I used setup/dialin in muLinux and the
DialupIcon on the Windows side.
Because this is rustic code, it requires some care, but worked
for me. I was able to see Samba and the internal WWW server on the
windows desktop. No bad, true?

Michele

--
I keep trying to locate a meeting of Quantum Physicists. But everytime
they set a meeting time, the location changes. And vice versa -- Anonymous