Re: Running mulinux on a 486

From: Paul Midgley (paulmidgley@freeuk.com)
Date: Thu Oct 04 2001 - 03:24:31 CEST

-----Part of Original Message -----
From: "Michele Andreoli" <m.andreoli@tin.it>
To: <mulinux@sunsite.dk>
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2001 12:32 AM
Subject: Re: Running mulinux on a 486

> If you still have Windows on the 486, you can transport in it the c:\linux
> (zipped) from your Pentium.
> Pkzip allow you to split a large archive over a set of normal floppy disk.
>
> Michele

Hello Michele

I have all the archives copied onto a cdrom and I have another version of
Linux installed onto the 486 machine (for which I had to create a boot disc
on my Pentium machine and had no problem installing), but I would prefer to
use mulinux. and my question is, can the mu script be rewritten to carry out
the installation from a cdrom from an existing system running Linux.

BTW the version of mulinux I am trying to install is 12r0. I do have an
earlier version and will try creating a boot disc with that version.

Regards

Paul