More on: 22% and crash

From: Andrew Criswell (andy@arcriswell.com)
Date: Wed Sep 26 2001 - 20:39:02 CEST

Dear Michelle and friends:

I loaded BOOT+USR from my floppy and logged in as "root" with no problem.
 I didn't add any other addons.) On another computer, I then copied from
the mulinux.tgz distribution the file bin/lilo which is 199KB to another DOS
formatted floppy disk. Again, no problem.

Then onto my little Notebook: mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /mnt (no
problem here)

Then: cp /mnt/lilo /usr/bin (but now I get "no space left on
device.")

So, I cannot "clone" without lilo and I cannot get lilo into RAM. If mulinux
is intended for small machines like my own, how come its so difficult to get
it to work properly?

HELP!!

ANDREW

----
On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 09:00:17AM +0200, Giuseppe Bellini nicely wrote:
> > Ultimately, I would like to "clone" the floppies onto my hard drive. I
have tried to do so with only BOOT+USR but the installation aborts because
it cannot find LILO. Of course, LILO is on the WKS floppy which cannnot be
loaded because of the 22% constraint.
True. But you has a copy of the lilo command in the directory bin/, located
in the main mulinux.tgz archive. Please, take a look to this archive.
Copy the command in /usr/bin (in RAM), then retry the cloning.