Re: ANy C++ programmer ???????

From: Jef (jknoors@zonnet.nl)
Date: Thu Aug 16 2001 - 21:10:49 CEST

On 16 Aug 2001, at 8:23, Joshua Hudson wrote:

> >From: "Jef" <jknoors@zonnet.nl>
> >
> >Dear Fellows,
> >The best solution might be to redirect your com2 port to your
> >modem device. The make a serial link from muLinux to com2 and
> >use muLinux to Dial/connect.
> >The programm that would redirect com2 to i.e. com3 must be
> >bidirectional.
> >
> >This would solve the problem for the whole "Winmodem-
> >communitie"
> >
> >Greetings, Jef
> >P.S. I don't have any C++ experience, just the idea's.
> >
> >mail to: jknoors@zonnet.nl
>
> Sorry, but winmodems do not have a COM port.

I have an E-tech PCI56RW, it's on com3 (although my machine
has only two com-ports)
The modem uses IRQ 11 and adress 03E8-03EF (=com3)
The modem emumerator uses IRQ 11 and Adres E800-E807

The third comport is emulated by the modem and works also with
DOS programs but not in real DOS-mode, and has IRQ 4, adress
03E8
The program that emulated this is called: TurboCom (TM)
So, redirecting the com-ports seems possible to me.
Jef

mail to: jknoors@zonnet.nl