Re: 486 - 4 MB

From: Trevor Sansom (trevor_sansom_uk@yahoo.co.uk)
Date: Wed Jul 25 2001 - 23:34:26 CEST

 --- Hakapeszi Maki <hakapeszi@dpg.hu> wrote: >

> Hi!
>
> I've installed MuLINUX 12.0 on the HDD of a laptop
> with a 486 and 4 MB RAM (Compaq Contura 4/25). It
> works well, but of course it is very slow. I tried
> to help it with using just 3 consoles, bigger (32
> MB) swap and minimal addons (X11 and TEX, which I
> need), but it couldn't help much. Do anybody have
> more ideas?
> My other problem is, that at booting I have to wait
> long minutes for setup. Of course I have to see a
> lot of Setting up ...: unwanted /skiped. What can I
> do, if I want MuLinux not to look for these
> components at booting? (I know that the most of them
> I will need never on that machine.)
>
> Thank You for Your help!
>
> --
>
> Hakapeszi
> Jobb a sörhas, mint a pizzahát!

> I can't really help with your problem but perhaps
you can help with mine. I have the same laptop as you
and have installed Caldsera Open Linux, with some
difficulty using Win95 & a laplink cable. I'd like to
have the whole machine for Linux but need Win95 for
the laplink connection. I tried looking at mulinux but
it didn't seem too easy for a newbie to install, can
you offer any advice, please.

Trevor Sansom