RE: HP Ethertwist

From: Bob Romprey (zoot@farts.com)
Date: Thu Jun 28 2001 - 05:56:42 CEST

('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) I had some similiar cards a while back except mine had 5 "phone plugs" on the back........after tracing through quite a few tech sites as well as talking to a rather reluctant tech on the phone I found out that these cards were used as an "inter office phone system" where either voice and/or data could be transfered.(thinking they were "INTEL YP-10A"?? cards)
As the cards that I had had 5 ports these were (in my opinion) probably in some execs office where conversation could be monitored...
You might just as an afterthought check to make sure that they aren't "token ring" cards.......a lot of businesses used, and some still use token ring systems, we gotta' remember, even with the token ring Hub turned down to 4mbps an awful lotta' small text files can be transmitted