Re: [Mu-Ot:] Corrupt Bios???

From: Richard.Kirkcaldy@IC24.net
Date: Tue May 22 2001 - 20:48:39 CEST

Hi all,
        Thanks for the help - I didn't get round to having another go at
fixing it until last night. I wiggled all the wires about (that's a
technical term:-)), moved the graphics card to a spare slot, and took the
memory out and put it back in. It does work now, but there is definitely
something wrong with the memory - the parity check fails and it crashes a
little more than it used to.
        I have got some spare memory chips somewhere, so I'll see what
difference it makes changing them - but I only have one megabyte or so in
my spares so I won't be able to run it like that permanently.

--
Richard Kirkcaldy, richard.kirkcaldy@ic24.net
Ad astra per aspera.