Re: [mu startx] only root can start x.

From: Stephen Kasirye (kassets@techmuk.ac.ug)
Date: Fri May 18 2001 - 08:57:04 CEST

On Thu, 17 May 2001, Stephen Isard nicely wrote:

> Ok, it is the /usr/X11R6/bin/xterm that was in the X11 addon at the time
> of mulinux 11r2 (and probably the same in lots of both previous and
> later versions), so I'll mail it to you separately and not clog up the
> list. Note that the "\" is to be inserted before the quotes in startx,
> rather than xterm. I included the whole of my edited version of xterm
> in my message. I'll mail you the startx file from the X11 addon as
> well, although I think you must already have it if you are running X at
> all.

I get error messages of your edinburg user name not being know. Are you
aware of such a fault?

Thanks for the script contents that you mailed me, but the two are the
very same (xterm). Actually, I need the modified scripts instead to
replace the ones that I have so as to experience the effect of an ordinary
user running X and having history in the xterm.

Stephen.