Disk less webserver

From: anders.smith@philips.com
Date: Tue Apr 03 2001 - 00:36:23 CEST

I'm trying to setup a small webserver at home but do not want the noise and energy cost of my full machine, so I was planning to us muLinux and put everything in a ramdisk and pull out all the fans etc from the old machine.

If I have enough memory I guess it should be easy to create a large ram disk and copy all my webfiles into it, so that I can have the website running totally without disks and fans...? Any recomendations?

I was thinking about FTP'ing the site to the ramdisk for convenience or use a Zip disk. Would it be possible/make sense?

Thanks
Anders