Re: [mu TECH] EXT2-fs error

From: Richard.Kirkcaldy@IC24.net
Date: Mon Mar 26 2001 - 23:11:34 CEST

On Mon, 26 Mar 2001, Hans-Emil Skogh wrote:

> Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 14:28:45 -0000
> From: Hans-Emil Skogh <vupeak@hotmail.com>
> To: mulinux@sunsite.dk
> Subject: Re: [mu TECH] EXT2-fs error
>
> > > EXT2-fs error (device 01:01):
> > > ext2_find_entry: bad entry in directory
> > > #338: recl_len is smaller than minimal - offset=0, inode=0, > rec_len=0,
> >name_len=0
> >
> >There isn't enough RAM for the tmp-ramdisk. You should either buy more
> >ram or clone your mu-system.
>
> Strange.... I thought 8MB would be enough to run muLinux? Is there a way
> around this problem, like makeing the tmp-ramdisk smaller or running a older
> and less ram-hungry version perhaps?

I noticed this happening, also with 8meg RAM. Running from hard-disk was
fine, as was from the Floppy at first. I think it is either a bad floppy
disk or bad floppy disk drive, after a while on 1.7Meg my old disk drives
aren't too good. And it doesn't allow "normal" operation - there will be
one or two files missing, can't remember what it was in my case - but
fairly important for running the system.

--
Richard Kirkcaldy