Re: upgrade to kernel 2.1.14

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Tue Feb 20 2001 - 21:29:03 CET

On Tue, Feb 20, 2001 at 05:39:25AM -0800, arnold@ucvonline.com nicely wrote:
> 1. is it possible to upgrade mulinux's kernel from
> 2.0.* to 2.1.14 ??
> 2. if it can, where can i get it ?? from another
> distro like slackware ??
> 3. if it can't, what's the best solution for this
> problem ?? Must I buy new "real" modem ???
> Thanks...

To buy a true (hardware) modem is the best and less expensive solution,
because to upgrade the kernel requires weeks & weeks of hard works.
You can usefull use this time to work in a real job and to use finally
the money in order to get your modem paid.

I used also 2.4 with muLinux. Good, well, nice but ... PPP code is changed;
so I need a super-recent pppd daemon; the super-recent pppd only
compile with a super-recent libc (the C library), and so on (you guess
the problem ....)

Michele

--
In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave
you with, I don't. Would you take two negative messages? - Woody Allen