Re: PLIP on 11r6

From: Vesa-Pekka Palmu (vessu@dlc.fi)
Date: Thu Feb 08 2001 - 19:00:51 CET

> On Wed, Feb 07, 2001 at 06:58:02PM +0000, Ben Wheare nicely wrote:
> > Hi,
> > How do I set up PLIP so it will connect over LPT1 to my Win98 machine?
> >

> Never tried. I do not know if win98 support TCP/IP over parallel cable.
> I always used two Linuxes.

there might be a program calle direct connect, that use parallel
cable to connect two win boxes together, but I think that it uses
some strange M$ protocol...
Registered Linux user number 189403
Registered Linux machines 83873 & 83874

"We are the Windows. Your life as you knew it is over. Your biological and
technological identities will be removed from our own. stability is irrelevant.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated."

Vesa-Pekka Palmu AKA Depili
E-mail: depili@sci.fi
ICQ#: 12379430