Re: [mu setup] Setup minus fdd

From: Alfie Costa (agcosta@gis.net)
Date: Fri Feb 02 2001 - 06:57:11 CET

On 1 Feb 2001, at 23:36, James Hall <mulinux@sunsite.dk> wrote:

> I was wondering if there was going to be an option to d/l the setup/addon
> disks and put them on the hdd, then install them from there or d/l one zip
> with the whole distro in it and install it, but still be able to configure
> all of your stuff (altho.. I seem to recall that it was possible to
> reconfigure everything after you had a system booted up? I can't remember)

Yes indeed, and you can do this now. Just download DOSTOOLS.ZIP, and whatever
mu disk archives you like. Unzip DOSTOOLS to C:\MU. Move the mu archives,
(eg: mulinux-11r7.tgz, X11.tgz, etc.), to C:\MU. From that same dir, run
'UNPACK.BAT'. After that finishes, run 'BOOT.BAT'.

A little Linux will start up. Eventually a 'choose a number' style menu will
appear that has the desired 'bypass the floppies and install straight to HD'
option.