Re: Mu X and Notebook

From: Sven Conrad (SvenConrad@gmx.net)
Date: Thu Feb 01 2001 - 17:13:58 CET

> hi,
>
> has anyone ever ran mulinux with x on a notebook ?? It
> seems x destroyed the controler of my 486 notebook ??

Yes. I tested muLinux on my Laptop. It worked like expected.
That means, I have problems with 640x480 resolution but the
right X-server is working well with the true TFT resolution.
Has been a liddle tricky, because the display only like 60Hz.
So I had to change the modelines by hand.

Besides the warnigns that my controller is able to fry the
TFT, I have been lucky even if the TFT sync has been off.
But if you have let this situation happen too long, there is
a good chance to destoy TFT in notbooks..

/sven