Re: ppp without auth

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Wed Jan 24 2001 - 22:33:55 CET

On Thu, Jan 25, 2001 at 01:28:57AM +1000, Romick Sizykh nicely wrote:
> Hello,
>
> after 'setup -f isp' file /etc/ppp/options contains line 'user XXX'. I
> don't need it, I can establish connection ONLY after deleting this
> line by hand. But after reboot I have this line in /etc/ppp/options
> again. How I can delete this line permanently?

Maybe, the username is wrong?
Anycase, you have to rebuild the floppy under Linux/mulinux, sorry.

You can edit the file /setup/fun/isp.fun and locate the row:

case "$METHOD" in
*pap*|*PAP*)

echo "user ${LOGIN}" >> /etc/ppp/options

cat <<END > /etc/ppp/pap-secrets
${LOGIN} * ${PASSWORD}
END

Now, you can remove the line with "echo".

Michele

--
In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave
you with, I don't. Would you take two negative messages? - Woody Allen