mu SETUP

From: Reinhard Ross (Reinhard-Ross@t-online.de)
Date: Fri Dec 15 2000 - 09:33:48 CET

Hallo,

 my name is Reinhard Ross and I am a linux newbie. I have a problem starting Lyx.

I have installed mulinux on a 486 DX4 100 MHz notebook with 24 MB Ram. The ext2 partition has a size of 150 MB. I have installed the following addons: EXT, X11, VNC and TEX.

I canīt start the program lyx, which ends after these notes:

  1.. Lyx internal error
Could not change to directory

No such file or directory

  1.. Lyx wasnīt able to find itīs layout descriptions!
Either it wasnīt compiled with the right lyx dir path or the libs are not installed correctly. Sorry it has to exit.

How can I resolve this problem and use Lyx?