Re: library symbols

From: MArco (brunemrc@tiscalinet.it)
Date: Thu Dec 14 2000 - 17:50:33 CET

Hi,
   a good way to find the library required by a binary is use
ldd [option] file
or better
strace <command>
I use mulinux with programs that required big library and I resolve
the problem mounting the directory /lib of some computer via nfs
and linking the library with it. If it will be good for you too...

Ciao MArco

On Thursday, December 14, 2000 at 02:53:48 PM, mulinux@sunsite.auc.dk wrote:

> Hi,
> does someone know how to know which functions are required from an
> executable ?
> Maybe if mu's executables don't need some functions that are in the
> libc and glibc, it would be possible to fracture the libcs a little by
> removing all symbols that are not needed.
> A severe drawback is that this would cause problems to new installed
> softwares in mu, because they could need things that were removed.
>
> Always on the same subject, has anyone ever heard about a way to
> complement libraries, that is you have a library loaded in the system,
> and than you add some more code to the library, dynamically (a
> dynamically growing dynamic library....).
>
> Pat

o--------------------------------o
| MArco Brunelli (ITALIA) |
| e-mail: brunemrc@tiscalinet.it |