Re: To refuse going to Firenze??? (was: To trash the FAQ?)

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Sun Dec 03 2000 - 10:52:10 CET

On Sat, Dec 02, 2000 at 04:11:03PM -0800, winsor SMP wrote:

> They and not you have decided that you're at a knowledge level high enough to be of
>great value in their talks.
> Try to let go of your shyness..........after all they're all just fellow Linux users
 as we of the list are.
> Maybe a bit more advanced.........bit still, Just Linux users.
> And furthermore they're all just people, just like you are.....

Maybe, I enphatized too much the problem of the accent. Do not worry: fortunately, this is
not the first time that I will speak in front to an audience. I kept in the past courses
for teachers, about UNIX, C, S.Wolfram Mathematica, Internet, etc.

The invitation in Firenze is not from a Linux User group, such FLUG. The invitation
comes from a political/administrative structure (gruppo Verdi, the "Green" Group).

A Linux user (or also a newbie) is prone to understand the eroism behind the free
software concept; but an alien, used to copy unpaid MS licenses,
simply tell "What? But Windows does it much better! Why to changes?"

Michele

--
Sent using mulinux, with mutt, smail and other GPL'ed software