A new GCC addon

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Thu Nov 16 2000 - 17:45:09 CET

I restructured a little the GCC addon (now is correctly mounted
on /usr/gcc, not /gcc). Also removed some docs, but:

added the NASM v0.98 80x86 portable assembler! And the ndisasm disassembler.
nasm is able to produce either Linux elf and aout, either .com and .exe,
for DOS machines.

I even added some nasm demo sources; all rest is unchanged.
An attempt to upgrade gcc to 2.7.2 failed, because its libraries
absolutely do not fit in a floppy disk, sorry.

E3-1.01 compile well also in muLinux, but the source is big (70k?) and
any single byte on this disk is busy.

On this floppy disk we have now two assemblers: the GNU 'as' and the
Netwide NASM, a disassembler, a C compiler, 3-4 translators for Pascal,
Basic and Fortran, one interpreter (basic) and two lexical/grammar
analizers (yacc and lex), the linker "ld" and the archiver "ar",
the GNU "make": all that, in a single floppy disk!

Michele

--
In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave
you with, I don't. Would you take two negative messages? - Woody Allen