Re: Finished with WKS/SRV

From: HTom4722@aol.com
Date: Sun Nov 12 2000 - 16:36:38 CET

In a message dated 11/12/00 4:09:30 AM Central Standard Time,
m.andreoli@tin.it writes:

> Oh the other hand, "11" is so ugly. Can I jump silenty to 12r0? :-)

I must defend 11. 11 is not ugly. 11 is proof that we can count higher than
our fingers, just as Linux is proof that computers can do better than the
operating system that most computers are sold with. 11:11 11/11 is the time
of the end of the Great War, the War to end War. 11/11 is celebrated in
Canada and the USA as Rememberance Day and Veteran's Day, respectively. 11
invites us to remember our past, and inspires us to do better in the future
-- with Linux! :)

Besides, "where's 11" will become the most FAQ of muLinux list. :(

I should also note that this may be the first "full Unix" release that does
not have any version of vi, if I understand correctly! I am completely
undecided whether that should be :) or :( as vim is my favorite text editor
but I understand that those who have not used it for nearly twenty years
might not have my love for it.

htom