Re: An ambitious idea(but a bit off-topic)

From: Vesa-Pekka Palmu (vessu@dlc.fi)
Date: Sat Nov 11 2000 - 18:12:41 CET

> But now (more serious):
> What about a kind of support-collector-formular-script?
> Implemented in muLinux, which by it self collects data as the
> version-number, wich devices are installed...
> If a user submits a Problem, you will be sent the relevant information about
> system to.
>
> Problem is: If mailsystem or network doesn't work, this can't help either.
> :-(

Why not just create a script that outputs all that information to
stdout so that the user can use another computer to send the
message?
Registered Linux user number 189403
Registered Linux machines 83873 & 83874

"We are the NORN. Your life as you knew it is over. Your biological and
technological identities will be added to our own. Bibble is irrelevant.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated."

http://creatures2.com http://creatures.co.uk

Vesa-Pekka Palmu AKA Depili
E-mail: depili@sci.fi
ICQ#: 12379430