Re: An ambitious idea(but a bit off-topic)

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Sat Nov 11 2000 - 12:20:17 CET

On Sat, Nov 11, 2000 at 01:11:34AM +0100, Gerrit Lammert nicely wrote:
> Hi Michele,

> >> Naja, das war dann wohl irgend so ein wichtiger Typ (Italiener nehme ich
> >> an). ;-))
> >
> >Ehh? Karl-Heinz, help!
>
> I just wrote some (senseless) stuff. I didn't understand the question so you
> shouldn't understand the answer ;-)

It was based on a popular italian motto, extracted from the "Promessi Sposi",
by Alessandro Manzoni. Don Abbondio, reading a booklet,
say "Carneade: chi era costui?". It can be traslate in:

        "Carneade: who was this one?" (an obscure medieval philosopher?)

May be, you have a similar motto in german. We use it anytimes we found
some unkown character.

> > A daemon that check periodically the machine and send an email to
> > this mailing-list when user run ppp? Argh: this is Orwell!
> > But maybe I misunderstod?
>
> :-))
>
> That might be funny, too. ;-)
> No I mean something like a support-collector.
> User has Problem -> User type "get_help" -> A Mask opens, were user can
> enter description of the Problem -> get_help-script sends this and the
> collected system-information to someone who might help our poor user.
> This was what I meant, but this would be only possible for a commercial
> product as you need many people who will answer all the questions. :-)

A network-based help system. Only Bill Gates has enough resource to
implement it :-)

Michele

--
"I'd like to conclude with a positive statement, but I can't remember any.
Would two negative ones do?"			-- Woody Allen