Can someone compile me a kernel with PLIP? [laptop docking bay]

From: Eugene TS Wong (eugenetswong@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Nov 07 2000 - 20:48:19 CET

I would like to make a laptop docking bay by connecting a laptop to an old
computer through PLIP. It won't be a real laptop, but that should be
alright. As long as the lap top can connect to the local area network and
internet.

I just need a simple kernel that has networking, routing, plip. It would
also be good to have slip, but it's not necessary. I can take care of the
scripts myself, or get help from this mailing list or another mailing
list.

I assume that all I have to do will be to put the kernel on one of the
floppy disks and adjust appropriately.

It would be even better if somebody can point me to a specific page where
I can download Red Hat 4.2. Please, don't give site addresses unless they
lead to a page showing where I can download Red Hat 4.2. The site in the
FAQ doesn't let me find Red Hat 4.2. Any suggestions?

=====
Sincerely, and with thanks,
Eugene Wong
personal site: http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/4111/