Jeff Leaving the list & muSamba

From: José Luis Gómez Dans (j.l.gomez-dans@sheffield.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Nov 06 2000 - 21:17:28 CET

First of all, best luck Jeff in whatever you do. I have been using
muSamba myself and everybody else in the group here has had a chance to
use it. The old 386 has been up and running for a long time working
perfectly, just by using 1 floppy (well, and another one with two
binaries: lilo and dhcpcd!). So, congrats on that one.

        On the other hand, I have been looking around mulinux and
musamba, so as to have a one disk server solution. It's still very much
work in progress (I ran out of suitable floppies :D), but I'd still like
to hack a bit at it. I think it's just getting Jeff's work a bit
further, basically producing a minimal distribution for a file/printer
server. I'm cramming samba and novell into it, together with NFS.
Whenever anything comes out, I'll let you know. The whole point is that
we need something that autoconfigures itself (well, pretty much) and
provides loads of servers from a legacy box. Mainly, printing services
are needed, as we can't get big hard drives for our 386s!

        Anyway, just to let you know that I shall be having a look at
that. I'm finding mulinux very interesting. It's teaching me a lot of
things.

        Best regards Jeff,
        José

--
José L Gómez Dans			PhD student
Tel: +44 114 222 5582			Radar & Communications Group